Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to set up a web portal, email addresses, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by particular hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between different groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different website hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a great quantity of pics with friends or acquaintances since the solution is usually free. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your mail address accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to utilize as many videos as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a website. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular web content only.